Here’s the latest post in our Valentine’s Day series, to help you get ready for Valentine’s Day in a healthy way. Go to it and give yourself the perfect gift this Valentine’s Day with these suggestions from Julia.
Valentine’s Day is a great reason to show yourself some love. Here are the top 5 gifts I’m giving myself this year:
1. Pleasure: For me, that means cooking myself an amazing meal out of one of my favorite cookbooks, The Pleasures of Cooking for One by Judith Jones. Trust me, you won’t want to share. No matter what it is that gives you pleasure—a massage, a run, a long hot bubble bath, a good gab on the phone with a friend—take time to do it today.
2. Laughter: The new Mindy Kaling, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?, is on my bedside table just smiling up at me to be read but I may kick it old school and pop in The Philadelphia Story. Nobody does it like Grant and Hepburn. Nobody. Find a way to bring on the laughter today.
3. Kindness: Today is a day free of negative self-talk. Give the criticism a rest, focus on the positives, and treat yourself to the same kind of support and love you would give to a friend. Be kind to yourself.
4. Gratitude: By example, my author Sam Bracken has shown me the value of a gratitude journal and a wealth of research confirms that people who regularly record what they are thankful for and review what they have written on a daily basis tend to be more satisfied in life. It is time for me to pay attention to my blessings and I encourage you to do the same.
5. Generosity: Giving to others is the very best gift you can give to yourself. Show someone you care with a small gift, a note, a kind word, a thoughtful gesture, or a smile. Share the love that Valentine’s Day is really all about.
So Go To It and treat yourself this February 14th! What are you giving yourself for Valentine’s Day?