Thanks to Dr. Pierre Dukan, millions of dieters around the world know that delicious food and permanent weight loss can actually go hand in hand.
Dr. Dukan’s four-step plan rejects counting calories and instead harnesses the power of pure protein, empowering you to achieve your ‘True Weight’ and keep the pounds off forever.
His new cookbook, featuring over 350 simple, French-inspire recipes for two of the most challenging phases of the diet – the protein-only Attack phase and the protein-and-vegetable Cruise phase.
Try this delectable and simple recipe for Chicken and Pepper Kebabs tonight!
Chicken and Pepper Kebabs
Makes 4 servings
Preparation time: 30 minutes, plus overnight marinating
Cooking time: 10 minutes
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
4 garlic cloves, chopped
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried thyme
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 green or red bell pepper, seeds removed, cut into cubes
8 shallots, quartered
1. Place the chicken in a shallow dish and toss with the garlic, lemon juice, cumin, and thyme. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
3. The next day, preheat the oven to Broil (or a grill to High).
4. Thread the chicken pieces onto skewers (see Note), alternating chicken, bell pepper, and shallots.
5. Brush the kebabs with the marinade and cook under the broiler or on the barbecue, 5 minutes on each side.
Note: You will need wooden or metal skewers for this recipe. If you are
using wooden skewers, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes so they won’t burn.
Learn more about The Dukan Diet and find more delicious recipes here.