This week marked the transition from November to December; it’s officially holiday season! While you’re shopping keep in mind some of the health news from this week, especially the news that video games may alter brain function. Instead of getting your nephew the new Call of Duty game, try a good book instead!
- Should we all go Gluten Free? A really interesting look at Celiac Disease and a Gluten Free Diet (NY Times Magazine)
- 5 Health Reasons to Make Time for Cuddling (Shape)
- Can drinking coffee prevent some medications from working? (NY Times Health)
- Violent Video Games May Alter Brain Function (Everyday Health)
- The Debate Continues: More Parents Choose to Skip Childhood Vaccines (NY Times Health)
- 6 Surprising Reasons You’re Cranky (Dr. Oz)
- World AIDS Day was this week! Find out what you can do to get involved (WorldAidsDay.org)