Watching what you drink can be just as important as watching what you eat. This week, we learned that red wine, a key part of the Mediterranean diet, is good for your liver, sugary drinks are bad for your body, and 8 glasses of water a day can be good for your kidneys. Drink up!
- Researchers have found that the Mediterranean Diet improves liver health, regardless of whether you lose weight on it (WSJ Market Watch)
- Are your shoes killing you? If they’re high heels, they may be bad for your health (CNN Health)
- Banning soda in schools has limited impact on our kids making healthy choices about what drinks to buy (NY Times Health)
- Trying to lose weight or get in shape? Here are 10 ways to boost your metabolism (WebMD)
- Does drinking 8 glasses of water a day really help protect the kidneys? Maybe! (NY Times Health)