It’s been a week of celebration—Diwali, the Hindu festival of lights was this week, and Halloween weekend is upon on. Here are some stories to keep in mind as you go trick or treating this weekend. Think about handing out healthy snacks, like fruit, instead of candy. Just remember to wash it first!
- 7 useful tips for cleaning your fruits and vegetables (Everyday Health)
- Annual mammograms can cause false alarms and unnecessary tests (CNN Health)
- One more reason to get your caffeine fix: Coffee can help prevent Basal Cell Carcinoma (Nutrition Horizon)
- The world celebrates Diwali with lights, fireworks and bright colored garlands (IB Times)
- Watch out after dieting—Changes in your hormone could encourage weight gain (CNN Health)
- A must read for parents! Here are some new rules for childproofing your home (NY Times Health)