Try this simple, French-inspired recipe from Dr. Pierre Dukan tonight!
Baked Cod Provençal
Makes 4 servings
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
¼ teaspoon vegetable oil
8 slices of extra-lean ham
8 tomatoes, with stems removed
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 onions, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
28 ounces skinless cod fillets, divided into 4 portions
3 fresh basil leaves, chopped
Note: You will need four 2-cup ramekins for this recipe.
1. Preheat oven to 475°F.
2. Divide the oil among the four 2-cup ramekins. Wipe out the excess with a paper towel.
3. Place one slice of ham into each ramekin.
4. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add the tomatoes and poach for 30 seconds.
5. Remove the tomatoes from the pot, peel off the skin, and remove the seeds.
6. Slice the tomatoes and divide them evenly among the ramekins, placing them on top of the ham.
7. Sprinkle salt to taste on the tomatoes and top with the onion and garlic slices.
8. Wrap each portion of cod ?llet in a slice of ham and place in a ramekin.
9. Season with salt and pepper to taste and bake for 15 minutes.
10. Remove the ramekins from the oven, add more black pepper to taste, and sprinkle the chopped basil leaves on top.
Did you try the Chicken and Pepper Kebabs?
Learn more about The Dukan Diet and find more delicious recipes here.